Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chasey's Winter "One"-derland Party



On Saturday, January 9th we threw Chase's 1st birthday party. I LOVE to throw and organize parties. For this party, I had decided to go with a play on words theme.... a Winter "One"-derland party. The colors and decoartions were all silver, blue and white with lots of snowflakes and some snowmen decorations. I chose white roses and put them in a vases with light blue stones. I chose 2 kids crafts to keep them busy and that was to decorate snowmen and snowflake sugar cookies and make snowmen/snowflake picture frames. I almost decided to go with making snow globes but it was a little more labor intensive. I also did a hot chocolate bar with whipped cream, marshmellows, peppermint sticks and shaved chocolate for the kids. For the adult version, I had Baileys and peppermint schnapps on hand. I think that cocoa bar was one of the best parts and most original ideas I had for the party! I was going to make a wintery food such as chili but we were going to another party later this night where chili was the main dish and I figured all kids wouldn't eat chili. So we went with pizza cause it's easy and cheap! As far as party favors went, for the kids I did "Snowman Soup", you'll see the pics below. For adults I decided to make CDs with songs that remind Dan and I of Chase. The other super fantastic part about the decorations was that I got all of them at about 50% to 75% off after Christmas...WOOT WOOT. I mean who doesn't like saving money! I baked Chase a giant cupcake and decorated it with white frosting with blue sprinkles for his smash cake. I then ordered a cake just from Lunardi's. It was white cake with white buttercream frosting with snowflakes of course. I think this theme was one of the most creative ones I have ever done and it was SO FUN to do!! Here are some pictures of the decorations, cake and such and then we'll get on to the real reason for the party...BABY CHASE!!




"Snowman Soup"



The CD I did:


The Decor:






Flowers:



Cake and Giant Cupcake that I used for a smash cake:



Kids crafts(cookie decorating table and the snowman frame):



Hot Chocolate Bar(Kids version then adult version):



Kendall showing off her snowflake shirt(you know to go with the theme and all :) ):



Brady also had a wintery shirt on of course!


Before we even got to the cake part of the party Brady hit his all time sugar high. He decorated and ate a LOT of cookies and eventually looked like he was all cracked out! At some point his idea was....why put frosting on the cookie when it could go straight into your mouth?! Notice, the glazed over look in his eyes!!!




Eventually the sugar caught up to Brady and he decided to take a little rest on someone's shoe!


The guests and kids stayed pretty busy:






Another little man stole the show for a bit as well....Baby Ryan(one of my best friends little 3 month old cutie pie):




Then baby Ryan tuckered himself out:


Now onto the reason for the party, the birthday boy himself!! I can't believe Chasey is a year old! He loved the party. When we sang Happy Birthday to him he had this surprised look like what are you all doing singing to me! So cute. This was the look:


A smile came about right before I set the giant cupcake in front of him:



He LOVED his giant cupcake, here are some of my favorite pics:







Thanks to everyone who came! It was a lot of fun and I am TUCKERED OUT!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Married mom of 3 not so little ones anymore but they still keep me grinning and giggling(most of the time). Kendall, age 12, Brady age 8 almost 9 and "baby" Chase who is 7. I have been married for 14.5 years to Dan Graff, who I think is the best dad ever to our kids. He certainly makes me grin and giggle to this very day. I have spent my non mom career working in recruiting on and off over the years recruiting Software Engineers. Other than my kids my most favorite thing to do in the entire word is ride horses followed by Kung Fu, where I earned my purple belt last year. I have been riding since I was 8 years old, with some time off here and there but I always go back to it. As Winston Churchill said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"(or woman in this case)!

Followers