Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby Chase turns 1!

Sweet baby Chase turned a year old today. It seems like just yesterday I was extremely large and pregnant with that not so little man in my belly! I have always joked that he was my perfect baby but really he was! He slept through the night from 8 weeks on, is always mellow and happy unless he is extremely tired and hungry and he's just a joy to be around. I'm so lucky to be his mom. As I was staring at some pictures of him tonight I finally admitted to myself that he really looks nothing like me. Well, ok, he has my nose. The rest of him is all Dan.

Chase spent his birthday crawling, scooting, cruising around our house, playing, pulling up on my legs and wrapping his arms around my calves, cuddling with me and he added in a couple naps as well. I made cupcakes for the kids and he gobbled his right up, loving every bite. I must have sang Happy Birthday to him at least 20 times today, he laughed and smiled every time. Kendall and Brady sang it to him as well as they had been practicing for a couple days! Brady kept adding in that it was his birthday too and he was also turning a year old...silly boy!

Chasey is already starting to lose some of his baby chub and rolls :(. His dimples are to die for and those big beautiful hazel eyes, well they just don't get any better! It's really hard not to just eat him right up! Soon enough he'll be walking. I've started to see him stand without holding on to anything. I'm ok with him not walking yet. I want my last baby to stay a baby for just a little longer. Time goes by so quickly and I just want to enjoy every single second of him!! I took a bunch of pictures tonight but am too tired to download them. For now I'll add the pictures my good friend Leandra of Goose and Bugs photography took a few days ago, they are much better than mine anyway. I baked him a giant cupcake and he tore into it and LOVED it. Here are the results(remember you can click on any picture and a bigger version will pop up) :




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Married mom of 3 not so little ones anymore but they still keep me grinning and giggling(most of the time). Kendall, age 12, Brady age 8 almost 9 and "baby" Chase who is 7. I have been married for 14.5 years to Dan Graff, who I think is the best dad ever to our kids. He certainly makes me grin and giggle to this very day. I have spent my non mom career working in recruiting on and off over the years recruiting Software Engineers. Other than my kids my most favorite thing to do in the entire word is ride horses followed by Kung Fu, where I earned my purple belt last year. I have been riding since I was 8 years old, with some time off here and there but I always go back to it. As Winston Churchill said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"(or woman in this case)!

Followers