Thursday, January 1, 2015

Random Christmas Kindness

I posted this on Facebook not too long ago but I wanted to leave it here as well so I remember how kind people can really be :)

At Target with Kendall and an older man is in line behind us. He says Hi to Kendall she says Hi back and smiles. He asks "How are you?". She replies "Good". He then tells her Merry Christmas and she says it right back. Clear as day. I can't tell you how many years she has practiced this exact type of conversation in class with her teachers/classmates. Everything that came out of her mouth was so clear and so appropriate to this little conversation. I'm sliding my red
card through and he looks at her and says "do you have a piggy bank?". She answers "yes". He then proceeds to pull $2 from his wallet and I must have looked shocked because he asks me if it's ok to give it to her so she can put it in her piggy bank. I said yes and thanked him about a gazillion times and we left. If he only knew Kendall's whole story and what an amazing act of kindness towards her this was. Sometimes I feel like the Grinch with a small heart but as I got in the car ............."And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew THREE sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus two.". ‪#‎RandomChristmaskindessrocks‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Married mom of 3 not so little ones anymore but they still keep me grinning and giggling(most of the time). Kendall, age 12, Brady age 8 almost 9 and "baby" Chase who is 7. I have been married for 14.5 years to Dan Graff, who I think is the best dad ever to our kids. He certainly makes me grin and giggle to this very day. I have spent my non mom career working in recruiting on and off over the years recruiting Software Engineers. Other than my kids my most favorite thing to do in the entire word is ride horses followed by Kung Fu, where I earned my purple belt last year. I have been riding since I was 8 years old, with some time off here and there but I always go back to it. As Winston Churchill said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"(or woman in this case)!

Followers