Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dance Class

Many know I found a dance class for kids with special needs and yesterday was Kendall's first class.  First off, the class, teacher and other students were wonderful and friendly.  Kendall really liked the class a lot, I think mostly because the music was good and there were props(who doesn't love props??!!)  She got to spend most of the class in a princess dress carrying a fancy fan.  It was quite cute and the best part was that no one cares what she can or can't do in the class.  There is no pressure which is great.  However, it was a mixed bag of emotions for me.  It is COMPLETELY heart breaking to watch your child not be able to do so many of the things that others kids can do, even in this dance class.  It's even more heart breaking that I can't fix it.  So it makes me really sad.   Parenting Kendall is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, it can be really hard on the heart.  It's also the most wonderful thing I've ever done because it's taught me so much and because she is so amazing.  Most importantly, there is so much she can do and I would say her "free style" dance is just the best ever.  It takes the sadness away because you can't be sad watching it.  She's so happy that it just projects on to me(and Dan too).  So right when I was battling with this pit in my stomach during the class, this happened and all was right in my little world again...


Because of that, we'll keep going back and she'll learn and grow as will I.  Our journey in life together will continue on as always.  She'll make me a stronger, better mom because clearly she knows how to enjoy life, a little lesson everyone can learn from her!


Finally,  a little side note.  Chasey turned 5 this past Sunday.  It was his golden birthday.  I can't believe that he is 5.  He's pretty great and he even asked me yesterday "Mommy, was Kendall able to do all the dance moves?".  I said "no she wasn't but she had a good time anyway."  His response, "with practice she'll get better, right mommy?".  That boy loves his sister.  They are really close.  He then told me he'd like to do dance class with Kendall.  So sweet!  Anyway, a lot of people have seen the video I made for his birthday but I'm putting it here as well:  

https://vimeo.com/81291436

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Married mom of 3 not so little ones anymore but they still keep me grinning and giggling(most of the time). Kendall, age 12, Brady age 8 almost 9 and "baby" Chase who is 7. I have been married for 14.5 years to Dan Graff, who I think is the best dad ever to our kids. He certainly makes me grin and giggle to this very day. I have spent my non mom career working in recruiting on and off over the years recruiting Software Engineers. Other than my kids my most favorite thing to do in the entire word is ride horses followed by Kung Fu, where I earned my purple belt last year. I have been riding since I was 8 years old, with some time off here and there but I always go back to it. As Winston Churchill said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"(or woman in this case)!

Followers