Saturday, February 27, 2010

One of the best gifts ever!

When Chase was born one of my oldest friends, Leandra(of Goose and Bugs Photography), was in the room with me. She is a fantastic photographer and offered to take pics of the birth. I never thought I would have anyone in the room with me other than Dan but I knew she was good and I had known her since Kindergarten so I thought why not. For my birthday last year, she gave me one of the best gifts ever....a slideshow of all the pics of Chase's birth that she took and put them to music.

I've been wanting to post this for a long time because I love love love the video. Then I thought, I look fat, puffy and bloated(I was...I lost 26lbs with-in the first week of giving birth), I have no make-up on, I don't look my best etc. I mean I certainly don't look like I did in high school or college. I've gained weight, I have stretch marks and even wrinkles(NOOOOO!!!!) Yet, I've grown up a lot! I've been pregnant for about 27 months of my life and given birth to 3 kids including one child with special needs. I've sat through numerous hours of surgeries and therapy for my daughter, I've laughed A LOT, and I've cried some as well. I am in the midst of doing the hardest job on earth....being a mom. I'm far better then I was in high school or college! I have learned so much in life and have had amazing life experiences. So then I finally thought this is a video of one of the most amazing and most miraculous experiences in life. Who cares how I look! I certainly am not perfect but then again who is? But this experience, well it was completely PERFECT!!! I hope you can all view the video and enjoy it(I know Dan couldn't on his work laptop which is a PC but others with PCs could)...it's an iMovie and I think you are going to have to cut and paste the link in order to watch it but please do because it's wonderful(of course I am completely biased!)

http://homepage.mac.com/leandrasaenz/iMovieTheater167.html


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful video Court! The pictures of baby Chase are just perfect! I love the pic of Dan peeking under your blanket!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing and I love it. I have to agree with Christi...while I love them all, the one of Dan peeking under the blanket was priceless!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Married mom of 3 not so little ones anymore but they still keep me grinning and giggling(most of the time). Kendall, age 12, Brady age 8 almost 9 and "baby" Chase who is 7. I have been married for 14.5 years to Dan Graff, who I think is the best dad ever to our kids. He certainly makes me grin and giggle to this very day. I have spent my non mom career working in recruiting on and off over the years recruiting Software Engineers. Other than my kids my most favorite thing to do in the entire word is ride horses followed by Kung Fu, where I earned my purple belt last year. I have been riding since I was 8 years old, with some time off here and there but I always go back to it. As Winston Churchill said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"(or woman in this case)!

Followers